ACI FMA membership
Joining ACI FMA has broad applicability in both the buy-side and sell-side of financial services, the public sector and academia. Our members (supporters of relevant industry codes such as the FX Global Code), candidates for our exams, participants in our Committees and Working Groups come from any number of financial and academic sectors.
Increase your career opportunities with access to networking events, knowledge and expertise and ACI Certification.
Individual membership is very cost-efficient (often less than an annual fee of €150 per person, or equivalent) and encourages participation at local events, sitting our exams at a reduced fee (Certificates and ACI Diploma) and adherence to good market practices advocated by relevant industry codes, such as the FX Global Code.
Why you should become an individual local member of ACI FMA:
- Drives individual understanding of globally accepted good market practices with respect to ethical issues in the market, during a time of heightened scrutiny and market disruption;
- Increases credibility of your front-office and back-office staff in the eyes of your leaders, colleagues, clients, regulators, board of directors, the media and the public;
- Provides ownership of responsibility for conduct at the individual level and as part of the “first line of defence”, supported by globally accepted exams (if appropriate), and assurance at the second and third lines of defence;
- Gives opportunity for strong contribution to the improvement within the industry on various matters, with the ability to strongly influence the future direction of the industry;
- It is extremely cost-effective (both versus alternative forms, and versus regulatory fines/investigations);
- Exams and qualifications are recognised in many global centres, with growing importance.
With its diverse membership case and global coverage, the ACI FMA holds a number of events, educational programmes, and networking opportunities for members.
Our members represent
Asset Management Firms
Government & Regulatory Agencies
Join ACI FMA
Joining ACI FMA is joining a worldwide professional and multi-faceted expert team perpetually adapting to the fast moving world.
Putting our network to work
The financial markets environment changed dramatically over the last 60 years, but one thing remains the same: the need for a common set of standards of behaviour, ethical conduct, and an opportunity to broaden a network of professional contacts to help solve problems before they arise. While the financial services profession is too often under the spotlight, it remains little known and little understood. This is the reason why, historically, foreign exchange traders decided to create a professional network, acting not a trade union but a structure to allow professionals to know each other and share experiences. 60 years onwards, ACI The Financial Markets Association is not just an FX club. Members now not only include traders but also sales, back office, audit, product managers, banking engineers, brokers and fund managers. The need to belong to a community, where you are understood and allowing you to exchange ideas and anticipate the future, is still a strong necessity.
Today, ACI FMA’s 9,000 members are present in over 60 countries across the globe. Its LinkedIn professional forum has 4,000 followers. ACI FMA website is an open window on the Association, which also publishes several newsletters to their members.